Posted in Uncategorized
We love a braid so we got so excited when we saw this new twist on the fishtail from The Beauty Department Blog! Check it out:
BRAIDS, BRAIDS, AND MORE BRAIDS…
photos + post design by Kristin Ess
It’s almost summer which means you’ll need lots of ways to get your hair off your neck. Here’s one. It’s a new twist on a good old classic– the fishtail. It’s simple, quick and combines two of my favorite hair styles. Here’s how it’s done…
- Start with all of your hair down. It can be wet or dry and you can do this on any hair texture.
- Tease the crown a little so it doesn’t get completely flat up top! You always want to give the top at least a little texture when doing a messy braid.
- Make a regular low ponytail using a thin clear elastic.
- Gently pull the clear elastic down about an inch to an inch and a half.
- Split the hair in two sections just above the clear elastic.
- Loop the whole ponytail up and around and through the hole.
- Fishtail the hair under the clear elastic. If you don’t know how to fishtail braid yet, watch THIS!
- Gently pull the braid apart to give it some soft, messy texture.
- Carefully cut out the top clear elastic, but leave the bottom one.
- Wrap a little hair around the bottom clear elastic to hide it. Use a small bobby pin on the back side to secure.
VOILA! A new summer ‘do! If you have a hard time doing the back, get a friend to help. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a centered braid by yourself!
Have a great week!